Claims Process & FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions When Reporting an Insurance Claim

For questions regarding the purchase of policies, policyholders may call Worth Ave. Group: 1-800-620-3307.

The Claims Department does not address policy questions.

For questions concerning claims only, please call 1-800-620-3307 ext. 7901

You may also email the Claims Department directly at:

Common Claims Questions

Will my premium increase if I file a claim?

Your premium will never increase due to filing a claim.

Will my policy be cancelled if I file a claim?

Under certain circumstances, we may cancel or non-renew a policy. This happens on rare occasions but an example of such is if you were to file multiple claims during one policy period.

What is my deductible?

Your deductible is located on your Declaration Page and in your account information. It is either $0, $25, $50 or $100 and is deducted from your claim reimbursement.

Do I need to file a police report?

For any and all theft or vandalism claims, a police report is required to file the claim. Damage, natural disaster, and flood claims do not require a police report.

My property was stolen out of my car, is that covered?

Property stolen from a vehicle is covered as long as there is visible evidence of forced entry. An example of this is a smashed window or broken lock. This evidence must be present for the property to be covered.

How long does is take to receive payment?

Claims that are properly submitted are sent to our underwriter every Wednesday and then paid the following Monday.

How do you determine replacement cost for my property?

Replacement cost is determined by your licensed adjuster. Your adjuster will research the make and model of the item stolen or damaged and award you with the corresponding replacement value of the same or similar model at current market value. For example, if a 30 gigabyte iPod® Classic is stolen, it would be replaced with a value for the current 160 gigabyte iPod® Classic available through

My device was stolen overseas. Is that covered?

The policy holder is covered WORLDWIDE. No matter where they are in the world, they have complete coverage for their property.

Can I send in my repair estimate with my claim forms?

All repair estimates must have prior approval from an adjuster to be considered for a claim payment. Estimates that were not given prior approval will be null and void.

What Proof of Ownership do you require when submitting a claim?

For any one item valued over $100.00, proof of ownership is required. This is accepted in the form of a sales receipt.

My laptop was just stolen. Do I need to contact the police?

Yes, all thefts must be reported to your local police department. Please note the case number, police department phone and reporting officer’s name on the claim forms.

Can I file my police report online?

We will accept online police reports but not for any claim that totals $1,000 or more. If your claimed items total over $1,000 then an officer must come take your report in person.

My laptop was damaged. What do I need to do to file my claim?

Submit claim forms with a copy of the sales receipt for the damaged item. You will be contacted by the claims department once the forms are received about how to proceed with necessary repairs.

Policy FAQ

This sounds like the perfect plan. How do I enroll?

Enrolling in property insurance from Worth Ave. Group is simple and takes only a few minutes. Click here to sign up, and start protecting your property today! We offer insurance policies that cover iPhones, iPads, laptops and more. K-12 laptop insurance policies are available for parents who want to insure their K-12 student’s laptop that is personally owned or one that is school issued. Our K-12 laptop policy is also available to K-12 teachers, administrators and staff who want to insure their school issued laptops.

I’m already enrolled. Something happened, and I need to file a claim. How do I do it?

In the event that your property has been accidentally damaged, stolen, or damaged by theft, fire, flood or natural disasters, or vandalism, claim information is conveniently found on our website. Click here to find claim forms and contact information.

Doesn’t my homeowner’s policy cover my property?

It depends. Not all homeowner’s policies are the same, and their deductibles are usually much higher. Although most policies will provide some coverage, they have limitations on certain property. Also, the limit for property away from the principal residence is generally 10% of the personal property limit on the policy. Feel free to show your agent our application and policy booklet to compare coverage here.

If my homeowner’s policy provides coverage, why would I want to purchase a separate policy?

The specialized property policy from Worth Ave. Group applies first, regardless of other insurance, providing a greater percentage of reimbursement. You will always recover more of a covered loss with Worth Ave. Group because our deductibles are significantly less than the deductibles of a homeowner’s policy and we provide replacement cost coverage which does not include depreciation.

How much does Worth Ave. Group’s policy cost?

The cost of your insurance policy depends on the device you are covering, the amount of coverage you purchase, the deductible you select and whether or not you select accidental damage coverage. Compare our plan’s deductibles to those of your homeowners policy ($500 to $1,000+). Click here for more information about our rates, deductibles, and premiums.

Does Worth Ave. Group’s policy cover the property outside of my residence?

Yes. It covers the property worldwide.

If someone steals my property, will the policy cover that loss?

Yes, theft is covered. Unless stolen from a vehicle that was not locked, there must be proof of forced entry into the vehicle to have the stolen item(s) covered.

If I lose my property, will the policy cover that loss?

No, property that has been misplaced, lost, or left behind is not covered. Items stolen by theft, burglary, or robbery are covered. A police report must be filed for these types of losses.

If I travel overseas is my property covered?

Yes, which makes our coverage truly WORLDWIDE.

Are there riders?

No, you don’t have to fill out additional paperwork (riders) to cover special items. Plus, our policy is straightforward and easy to read, so you know what to expect if and when you file a claim.

What if I’m not happy with my policy?

If you are not satisfied with your coverage for any reason whatsoever, simply return your policy. If you cancel your policy, your refund will be figured by the short-rate method, subject to a minimum premium of $20.

I’m a school administrator and would like to promote Worth Ave. Group on my campus. How do I get started?

Smart choice! Call us today to learn more, 1-800-620-3307.

Who is your underwriter and what is their rating?

Our underwriter is Hanover Insurance Company 440 Lincoln Street Worcester, MA 01653 NAIC#: 22292 AM Best Rating: A (Excellent) for financial size category of $1.5 billion to $2 billion.

If I have a warranty on my property should I purchase property insurance?

Yes, the warranty on your property will service failures and mechanical breakdowns. A Worth Ave. Group insurance policy can protect you from physical damage such as drops, cracked LCD screens, liquid spills, and power surges due to lightning in addition to theft, fire, flood and many other natural disasters. (Please note: you must select accidental damage coverage to receive protection against drops, cracked lcd screens, and liquid spills)