Between the release of the Samsung Galaxy S7 series in early March to this week's release of the brand new Samsung Galaxy Note7, 2016 has been a big year for Samsung in the Smartphone industry! It's not overly common for a smartphone brand to release two products in the same area, so the question is: what's the difference?
In the following post we will compare some of the similarities and differences in the features of the Samsung Galaxy Note7 and the Samsung S7, in order to see which product might provide you with the best bang for your buck!
• One of the more noticeable differences in the S7 and the Galaxy Note7 is the size of the display. The Galaxy Note7 maintains a larger display at 5.7 inches compared to the S7 which offers a 5.1 inch display. 1
• In terms of battery life, there is a significant difference in level of charge that the Note7 can withstand vs. the S7. The Note7 comes with a 3,500 mAh battery, which Samsung claims translates to 38 hours of talk and 14 hours of web use, while using LTE. While the S7 contains a 3,000 mAh battery, which translates to 28 hours of talk and 13 hours of web use. 2
• The internal memory of the Note7 is also substantially larger than the S7. The Note7 contains an internal memory of 64 GB, while the S7 contains exactly half of the Note7 at 32 GB. 3
• The introduction of iris scanning is one of the main features that propels the Note7 over the S7. For those who aren't sure what iris scanning is, here's a quick rundown:
The iris scanner is a way to lock/unlock a phone using your eyes. How you might ask? Users will be asked to position their eyes into the two circles, from a distance of 25 to 35 centimeters, at this point the phone will be unlocked. 4 The purpose of this feature is to increase security for these devices. At this point, there is no indication on how long this process takes to complete.
Despite the noticeable differences we mentioned above, Samsung has carried some features over from the previous S7 model.
• One of the initial similarities is that both, the S7 and the Note7, contain the same 2.15GHz Quad-Core processor.
• Another feature carrying over from the S7 is the built-in camera and USB port. According to Samsung, both devices contain a 5-megapixel, CMOS front camera; a 12 mega pixel, dual-pixel rear camera, and UHD 4K (3,840 x 2,160) @ 30fps for video. 2
• The last big similarity between the two devices is the overall thickness of the device. Both the S7 and the Note7 are a 0.31 inch thickness; however the Note7 is heavier at 169 gram vs. the S7's 152 grams. 5
In the end, if you're deciding between whether the S7 or the Note7 is right for you, you need to determine what's most important to your needs. If you decide to go with the Note7 you will be getting a device with more impressive features and better note-taking abilities, but at a higher premium. The market values for the two devices are:
Samsung Galaxy Note7 = $849.99
Samsung Galaxy S7 = $669.99
However, if the above features are not a necessity for you, it might be smarter to lean back on the cheaper Galaxy S7. Either way, research both devices in order to decide which device best suits your needs as a mobile user!
Whether you're already an owner of a Samsung Galaxy device or are simply thinking about purchasing one, make sure your device does not go uninsured! At Worth Ave. Group, we offer insurance policies on all Samsung smartphone products at an affordable rate. We cover damages including: accidental damage, cracked screens, liquid submersion, theft, vandalism, fire, flood, natural disasters and power surge by lightning. Our policies' start at just $2.25/month! Get your free quote here today!
1 - Forbes.com | Galaxy Note 7 vs Galaxy S7 What's the Difference
2 - CRN.com | Head to Head Samsung Note 7 vs Samsung S7
3 - Yahoo.com | This is what you should expect from Samsung Galaxy
4 - Androidauthority.com | Sasumg Galaxy Note 7 Iris Scanner
5 - Gsmarena.com | Samsung Galaxy Note 7