A new report from Good Technology showed that enterprise smartphone users were roughly six times as likely to purchase an iPhone 6 instead of the larger iPhone 6 Plus.

Both models were released in September, and the iPhone 6's 4.7-inch screen was larger than all other previous Apple smartphone products. However, the iPhone 6 Plus's 5.5-inch screen is one of the biggest available. The report explained that iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus activations made up 17 percent of all smartphone activations in September. Good Technology added that of those activated iPhones, the iPhone 6 accounted for 85 percent of activations, while the iPhone 6 Plus made up 15 percent.

"You have to think that the leap from 4 inches to 5.5 inches was a bit too much for some of the iPhone faithful," said Nick Spencer, senior practice director at ABI Research, according to IDG News Service via PC World. "It's a big step up."

Some still hesitant over product size

 

A lot of customers have generally voiced their concerns that the product is so large that it could be prone to more drops and damage. However, investing personal insurance could replace damaged devices with brand-new items.

The current split between activated devices is not too far off from what many experts forecast the final numbers to be at the end of the year. Some other reasons the iPhone 6 could be selling more quickly than the larger model is due to its price tag. The iPhone 6 has a lower cost, which makes it more attractive because many people are worried about breaking the larger device.

The Good Technology report also said Apple represented 69 percent of all activations in the third quarter of 2014, while Android accounted for 29 percent and Windows Phone made up just 1 percent.

Apple also dominated the tablet activation marketplace as well by claiming 89 percent of the market with the iPad in the third quarter. Android tablets made up the rest of the market with 11 percent, and Windows tablets have not affected the market as of yet, The Apple reported.

"iPhone and iPad are the best mobile devices in the world and have transformed the way people work with over 98 percent of the Fortune 500 and over 92 percent of the Global 500 using iOS devices in their business today," said Tim Cook, CEO of Apple, according to the source.