Recently Cisco, the worldwide leader in networking, gave their 25 predictions for technology in the future.
The findings are incredibly interesting and will probably be pretty close to what we will see in the future.
It’s amazing how far we have come just in the past 10 years. It’s almost impossible to think about what types of devices we will be using in the next 10 years.
Here are a few of the Top 25 Predictions from Cisco:
1. By 2029, 11 petabytes of storage will be available for $100—equivalent to 600+ years of continuous, 24-hour-per-day, DVD-quality video. (Source: Cisco IBSG, 2009)
5. The Internet will evolve to perform instantaneous communication, regardless of distance. (Source: Cisco IBSG, 2009)
7. By 2020, a $1,000 personal computer will have the raw processing power of a human brain. (Sources: Hans Moravec, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, 1998; Cisco IBSG, 2006-2009)
8. By 2030, it will take a village of human brains to match a $1,000 computer. (Sources: Hans Moravec, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, 1998; Cisco IBSG, 2006-2009)
9. By 2050 (assuming a global population of 9 billion), $1,000 worth of computing power will equal the processing power of all human brains on earth. (Sources: Hans Moravec, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, 1998; Cisco IBSG, 2006- 2009)
10. Today, we know 5 percent of what we will know in 50 years. In other words, in 50 years, 95 percent of what we will know will have been discovered in the past 50 years.
13. By 2015, we will create the equivalent of 92.5 million Libraries of Congress in one year. (Source: www.humanproductivitylab.com)
18. Within two years, information on the Internet will double every 11 hours. (Sources: University of California at Berkeley School of Information Management and Systems; IBM)
19. By 2010, 35 billion devices will be connected to the Internet (nearly six devices per person on the planet). (Source: Cisco IBSG, 2009) 20. By 2020, there will be more devices than people online. 23. In the next five years, any surface will become a display. (Source: Cisco IBSG, 2009) What do you think? What are your predictions? What do you see in the future of technology?