HouseWith all the earthquakes that you keep hearing about, is your personal property properly covered?

To quote a Jerry Lee Lewis song, there is a Whole lotta shakin' going on. Depending on where you live, there seems to be a rash of earthquakes in many states, some causing property damage.

According to The National Association of Insurance Commissioner's "A Consumer's Guide to Earthquake Insurance", earthquakes can happen in all 50 states. About 90 percent of us live in areas that have earthquakes. California has the most frequent, and Alaska has the largest earthquakes, mostly where no one lives. Most earthquakes are west of the Rocky Mountains, but some of the most violent earthquakes have been in the central U.S.

The cost of an earthquake policy varies depending on factors including carrier and the policyholder's desired level of coverage. Typically a homeowner might pay $100 to $150 per year for earthquake insurance. Policies frequently have nuances, such as providing or not providing coverage for brick or stone veneers on the home and the inside contents, i.e. personal property such as laptops, gaming systems, tablets, phones, etc.

What does all of this mean to you? You need to find out if your homeowners insurance policy covers your personal property. Worth Ave. Group offers damage coverage, which comes standard, on all our insurance plans. Whether you experience a theft, fire, flood, earthquake, tornado, power surge or vandalism, your device is covered.

Do your research and make sure you're covered. We encourage you to speak with your Agent about what coverage options are available and share with them the Worth Ave. Group policy. Many Agents recommend our coverage to their policyholders as a better option to cover small personal property items such as a laptop or cell phone.

For more information, visit here.